Get in Touch With Anthem Branding in CO
Custom Screen Printing in Denver | Anthem Branding
Superior quality apparel screen printing and design services in Denver
Thanks to state-of-the-art automatic screen printing equipment, your brand’s promotional apparel, and premium merchandise can be transformed in imaginative ways by adapting custom designs into a lasting and ink-based vivid print at scale.
Reach: Promotional products provide continued exposure, both to the consumer and to others around them.
Reaction: People go with what they know. After receiving a promotional product, consumers are 83 percent more likely to do business with the brand.
Recall: Consumers can remember the name of the company in an instant — it’s right there in front of them.
Resonance: Custom merchandise is a gift that keeps on giving. An incredible 82 percent of consumers keep the products for at least a year.
Relativity: Promotional products provide a personal connection, boosting consumers’ affinity for the brand.
Screen printing definition
Screen printing is a decorative printing technique where ink steeps through the tiny pores of a mesh screen from the motion and force of a squeegee onto a surface or material. The screen has areas where the ink cannot pass through and areas that do, effectively creating a stencil that forms a printed image.
The screen itself is typically a mesh cloth that is stretched over a wooden or metal frame, similar to how a canvas for painting is constructed.
The screen printing technique, which dates back to the early 1900s, was popularized in modern culture by influential artists such as Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, and Shepard Fairey due to its timelessness and visual impact.
How screen printing works
Drawing aspects from other techniques like lithography and photography, you can apply a screen print onto apparel items like t-shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies, sweat pants, hats, and so much more. It’s a versatile and lasting printing technique that has an impressive impact when done right.
Screen printing step-by-step
- After a frame is constructed, a transparent design is made into a stencil, sometimes referred to as a coating.
- The stencil is then applied directly to the framed mesh screen.
- The design is then applied to the surface of the material with a variety of ink types and colors depending on the intracity of the design.
- A photo-sensitive emulsion is applied on top of the ink in order to transfer the design onto the transparent screen or film. Think of emulsion as the way the design is exposed and developed, similar to exposing photographs in a dark room. This is how most screens are prepared today, but there are a number of different ways designs can be applied and transferred.
- After the emulsion has time to dry, the design is put directly onto the screen.
- The screen will be placed into an exposure unit that releases ultraviolet (UV) onto the screen, passing it over the screen similar to a photocopier. This helps the emulsion harden around the image.
- The remaining emulsion left on the screen is rinsed off exposing the transferred design.
- Depending on the equipment a screen printer has available, the screen is either installed into an automatic screen printing press, hinged to a board, or affixed onto a dedicated screen printing table.
- The ink is then applied to the screen and dragged across the design using a squeegee. Many in the screen printing business refer to this as a stroke technique for “flooding a screen.”
- After placing a sheet of paper underneath the screen, another stroke of ink is squeegeed through the screen.
- When a design has more than one color, the process up until this point is repeated. A new stencil of the ensign is created for each color that needs to be applied.
- Heat is applied to the final design to permanently set the ink and ensure it will be lasting as the apparel or items is washed and worn or used.
Have a question? We have the answers to ones that get asked the most.
Find a Local Territory Brand Consultant to help assist you with your project
Find out areas where we supply promotional products, screen printing, embroidery, custom apparel, and design.
Our agency attracts and retains the very best talent, providing rewarding and growth-oriented experiences.